The Story of The LEX.
The Municipal Auditorium, as it was formerly known, was a focal point of our community from the very beginning. Built in 1939 as a Works Project Administration (WPA) project, the venue immediately became a source of pride for Lexington. It was used well and often over the years as a gathering place for dances, proms, festivals, concerts, rock-n-roll shows, youth activities and reunions.
Board of Directors
Tami Worthington, President
Lance Kleoppel-Hermreck, Vice President
Erica Morris, Treasurer
Dr. Susan Kirkpatrick, Secretary